Serving the Hillcrest-Wychwood Community since 1907
St. Michael & All Angels began in a borrowed tent on August 4, 1907 with a sermon by The Reverend John Brain. On October 13, 1907 worship was moved to Heron’s Hall on Alcina Ave. Our current location was secured two years later, at 611 St Clair Avenue West. A basement was added, a heating system installed, and a wonderful church organ was donated to the parish. In 1912, the Rectory was built. We quickly outgrew the original building and on St. Michael’s Day 1915, the sod was turned for an expanded structure. One year later the new building was opened and dedicated. The basement was completed in 1927. Finishing touches were added along the way.
Visit our Gallery page for historical photographs.
The church sanctuary is graced with a beautiful collection of stained glass windows which have been created and installed between 1940-1983. The majority of the stained glass windows were designed and created by Ellen Simon, Yvonne Williams, and Rosemary Killbourn. Further artist information and history of the St Michael's stained glass windows can be found here.
Our history of outreach dates back to our support of the troops during the World Wars. For further information on our outreach, click here.